- This event has passed.
Acoustic Open Stage
Doors open at 7pm, Sign up list goes out at 7:30 pm, Acoustic Open Stage starts at 8:00 pm! Tonight’s featured performer is Monica Murphy.
Linneman’s Riverwest Inn is reopening with Open Stage on June 24th, which starts at 8pm. I, Monica Murphy will be the feature playing a half hour set at 9pm.
If you also would like to sign up to participate, the sign-up list is out at 7:30pm, you can play three songs or up to 15 minutes, whichever comes first.
The itinerary is:
7pm: Doors Open
7:30pm: Sign up list is released
8pm: Jim opens the Open Stage, musicians play their masterpieces!
9pm: Monica Murphy plays
9:30pm-11pm: more musicians perform (depends how many sign up)
Given the fact that the pandemic is still going on, Linneman’s has taken precautionary measures to ensure your safety. With that said, please know you are coming at your own risk.
Some of the safety measures are listed below:
1) The owners of Linneman’s Riverwest Inn would prefer everyone to wear a mask when walking from your table to the bar to the bathroom etc.
2) Your temperature will be read with a forehead thermometer at the door before entering. If you have a temperature of 100.5 degrees or more, you will be denied entrance.
3) If you look sick, you will be denied entrance.
4) Due to Milwaukee’s Phase I of Reopening, Linneman’s can only allow 40 people in the building, so come early if you want to secure a seat
Fun facts about my set:
1) Some of the songs will be on an EP I’m recording
2) I’m going to play a charango, which is an Andean instrument
3) All songs will be originals
4) My music is a healthy mix of melancholy and humor
5) Myself and the other musicians will be honored by your presence, but I totally understand if you don’t feel comfortable going to it in person. I’m going to be wearing a mask before and after my performance. Hopefully, I can have a friend FB Live my performance 🙂 Details about that tbd.